Sunday, October 24, 2010

Photo Project Reflective Essay

I learned a lot from both of these projects, however more so for the Alphabet Soup part of the project.  It was challenging to view nature in a way to find letters around me and then actually trying to get them to stand out using Photoshop had me utilizing many more of the features.  I felt a little frustrated during a few of the pictures and the H picture i did is probably what i would consider the worst of them all.  I had a hard time attempting to get the H to stand out in the photograph and ended up using the clone stamp tool to attempt to clear out the negative space rather than highlighting the H form itself.  It has the appearance still of being played with more than i would like it too, i need more practice using that tool.

The "other" project, or stranger project, ended up being a fellow classmate.  I wasn't sure if that falls under direct stranger, but i do not know her very well and only know her from being in class with her.  I find her different or unique from me in her creation with clay and her physical appearance.  I did ask her permission as i do not feel that taking a personal picture of someone with out permission would be fair, it could offend someone and i did not want to do that.  I wouldn't call it a set up picture because i just wanted to capture her doing her artwork naturally, rather than at some particular time.  I am not sure if that is really a candid shot either, but i think it turned out rather well and not only did it capture her but also the feel of the ceramics room also. 

My favorite photographic letter form is by far the X.  I actually just stumbled upon it while walking to class and i used the natural light that morning.  I did change the brightness down to a little darker and the color levels to give it a more red feel to compliment the beautiful leaves hanging right above it.  I also lightend up the roots themselves to help them stand out a little bit more. It is in my opinion the most pleasing to the eye of my"Alphabet Soup" collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment