Saturday, October 9, 2010

Project 2: (Reflective Essay)

My original idea was as a simple thought process to do something unique.  I did not want to copy an idea or existing character.  I picked colors from Photoshop itself to work with rather than sampling from other things.  Since it was a made up idea i didn't think there was any reason to sample any other colors.  I had the idea of a teal and purple in my head for a fairy so i decided to go with it. 

I started with the base colors, matching them up with a darker version for arms and head then i began adding detail after.  Once i got the color scheme where i wanted it i started with the face and grew from there.  I didn't start out with a story for her, but i play a game called fairyland on Facebook, and rather decided she would be my character from that game as i went on. 

The biggest challenge for me with this, was how to get wings.  I wasn't sure if i wanted to go that route but what is a fairy with out wings? So i had to figure out how to add them into this template.  Using the shape tool i was able to manipulate a shape to get them to work.  I added the tabs from one of the arms and the slots on her back for them to go in.  This was an incredibly fun project and i enjoyed adding all the details to her as i went along.  From her shoes to her skirt, i feel she is a completed work that i can't wait to cut out and see in a real life version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment